Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tea on Tuesdays...3/1/2011

Can you believe it's MARCH?!?! Days are flying by!! Today's choice of drink is COFFEE...BLACK....WITH AN EXTRA SHOT!!! ;) Today is the first of many days of state assessments and that means freaked out teachers, panicked kiddos, stressed out administrators...and lots of COFFEE!! :)

I've just returned from a 5 mile jog. It was quite painful. :( I ran the Cowtown 1/2 marathon Sunday and it was NOT kind to my body! So I had to force myself out of bed today to get that lactic acid moving!! So sore!! I've been thinking a lot about motivation and why I do what I do...I found the perfect quote and posted it on my status. Check out FB! :) What's your motivation for working out??

My husband and I are trying to drop some pounds and get healthy(ier). He's lost about 10 pounds. I've lost 3. *Sigh...Isn't that the way it always is?? He is feeling good and looking good and is really motivated to eat healthy and that makes me happy and keeps me from going out and eating a cheeseburger! I'll keep you updated on his progress! (and maybe mine...) I've been thinking a lot lately about the things we eat and how to make better choices. Christi at Grey Umbrella always has great ideas for dinners and organic eating and such. Another friend of mine has a new blog that has been very eye opening and educational for me as well. Check out Summer's blog. You girls are my inspiration for better eating!!

Well, it's off to the shower for me. BUSY day ahead!! I hope you all have a wonderfully, terrific Tuesday!!




1 comment:

Christi said...

hi kori! good luck with the assessments. give yourself credit for getting out there this morning -- and congrats on running the 1/2 marathon! that is awesome! eating healthy is a way of life in our house -- everything in moderation. most nights our recipes are really healthy and i am so glad that you enjoy them! hope this week is good!