Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Race!

Today was the Race for the Cure!  Our Cooper vs. Cancer team turned out to be such a success!  We had 90 members and raised $2255!!  If you remember in my previous post about this, my goal was 25 members and $1000 so we surpassed those goals quite easily!  It took on a life of it's own!  The high school got involved and it just turned out to be a really awesome event!  There were a ton of people at the Civic Center this morning!  My goal was to run the race (3.2 miles) in 40 minutes and I actually crossed the finish line at 35 minutes!!  Kami finished in 31 minutes and Jana finished in 33.  They have both been such amazing support for me over the past 9 weeks as we have worked up to running 3 miles.  And now we are on to 5 miles!!  

*As an addendum to my previous post...it's not that I don't like hugs AT ALL.  I like hugs from friends who I haven't seen (Summer and Kelly, you girls are fine!)...it's just those lingering hugs that just last too long...hee hee!!  You know what I mean!! 

4 comments:

Summer said...

Way to go!! Very impressed. Maybe over Christmas or even Thanksgiving you can run with me!! I am also glad I got the ok to hug you, it will be short and sweet. Summer

Kristi said...

Good for you! I am impressed you met your goal and you helped out those with Cancer. My grandmother had breast cancer and I have always thought the race for the cure was one of the best places to help out!

Kyle and Hollie said...

Thanks for letting me run with you guys! It was fun!

James & Kelly said...

Congrats Kori! I'm so impressed and I know you work your butt off...you are so determined...send some my way. Hugs!!! ha/ha